SDL MultiTerm Extract 2011
Save time by automatically extracting terms with SDL MultiTerm Extract with SDL PhraseFinder now included. SDL PhraseFinder, saves individual translators and terminologists hours and hours of time finding terms and creating custom glossaries for their projects.
Save time and increase your efficiency
- Automatically locate and extract potential monolingual or bilingual terms from existing documentation or translation memories to build termbases and glossaries quickly
Improve the consistency, quality and accuracy of translation
- View a statistical overview of how the terminology overlaps with a SDL MultiTerm termbase. This helps assess the quality and consistency of the terminology and therefore helps improve the translation.
Improve client satisfaction
- By automatically identifying the right terms and importing them on-the-fly into an SDL MultiTerm termbase, you can ensure that you deliver your translations accurately and on time.
Key Features Available for individual translators and terminologists. You can now save hours of time through automated terminology extraction, enabling you to quickly create terms and custom glossaries for your projects.
- Automatic mono and bilingual terminology candidate identification and extraction
- Two powerful term candidate extraction methods:
- Statistical approach, based on term frequency with SDL MultiTerm Extract
- Linguistic approach, based on rules with SDL PhraseFinder
- Bilingual concordance to show the occurrence of the term in context, easing the term candidate approval process
- Flexible filtering ensures only the most relevant candidates are identified, excluding unwanted terms
- Displays attributes of candidate terms to assist with decision-making
- Support for excluded terms (including terms already stored in SDL MultiTerm termbases)
- Support for any language, including Unicode languages
- Ability to compile a dictionary from one or more parallel texts in two languages.
- Updates an existing termbase in SDL MultiTerm by creating new translations, in one or more languages, for corresponding terms already stored in the termbase
File Format CompatibilitySDL MultiTerm Extract supports all monolingual or bilingual files in any language and can extract terms from documents in the following file formats:
SDL PhraseFinder extracts terms from documents in the following file formats:
- TMX – Translation Memory eXchange format
- TMW – SDL Trados Translator’s Workbench
- TXT - Plain text
- RTF – Rich Text Format
- .doc – Microsoft® Word
- HTML, HTM, JSP, ASP, ASPX, SGML, SGM, XML
- Ventura (*.txt)
- Adobe PageMaker (*.txt)
- QuarkXPress (*.qsc, *.txg,*.ttg, *.tag)
- TTX – TRADOS tag file format
- Adobe InDesign (*.isc)
- Microsoft Office Powerpoint (*.ppt, *.pps, *.pot)
- Microsoft Office Excel (*.xls,*.xlt)
- SDLX Translation Document (ITD file)
- SDLX Translation Memory (MDB file)
- HTML, HTM
- TXT – Plain text
- RTF – Rich text format
SDL MultiTerm Extract 2011 runs under Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows XP, Windows 2003 Server and Windows 2008 Server. Installation on 64-bit versions of Windows Operating Systems is not currently supported. Earlier operating system generations such as Windows 2000, Windows NT and Windows 98 are not supported.
In order to extract and add terminology to SDL MultiTerm Desktop 2011 you must be using SDL MultiTerm Extract 2011. Previous versions of SDL MultiTerm Extract will not work with SDL MultiTerm Desktop 2011.